That Bathroom Sink



So there’s this bathroom and in this bathroom are two sinks; each equally shiny, silver and seemingly identical. Except there is one difference…one works, while the other does not. No matter how many times I do it I enter and grab the left handle waiting mindlessly for the hot water to begin rushing out but then it just doesn't. Only then am I reminded of who this sink belonged to. Why it doesn't work contains more meaning to us than any strangers. My grandfather’s sink stopped working sometime after he left us. When he stopped talking, stopped laughing, and stopped breathing, that sink too stopped running. The second sink to the right of my grandmothers still remains in their bathroom, appearing the way it always did yet it never works. The Moen sink is a constant, silent reminder.

Every day I think of you
Even when I’m not using your sink
But it's simple,

I miss you Grandpa

Comments

Popular Posts