A Day On The Town

For my friend Mariah's birthday she wanted to go on a morning hike and then go out to brunch. As her best friends, Blair, Kassidy and I hiked around in Scottsdale and then went out to eat at an adorable little urban spot in downtown Phoenix called Jobot. If you're ever in the Phoenix-Metro area, make an effort to dine in here. You wont be sorry. It had the most fun atmosphere with incredibly sweet employees. We each shared one of their "famous" crepes and I ordered a soy cappuccino that was to die for (I am one of the pickiest people when it comes to coffee). We dined outside and to our delight we spotted a book store across the street. It appeared to be more than inviting so we walked over there after our breakfast. Called the Lawn Gnome and being filled of little trinkets and old books, we found this place so cute. I'd say we spent over 45 minutes in there. We came upon a section of witchcraft and spell books which personally I find very interesting. After picking a few up, I had the idea to ask the man at the front if they happened to have any Ouija boards. Now, I know most people find this to be a pretty controversial subject since it has been said to be welcoming uninviting "things" however I have always been fascinated with the concept. When the guy came back up front carrying a small magic box, he told us that he bought this years ago from a magician but had never had anyone come in asking for something of the sort. He said its worth was somewhere around a few hundred dollars but was willing to sell it to us for $20. Due to my pure curiosity, we bought it knowing that it contained an original, paper ouija board and various dark magic tricks. We left the store eagerly and headed back to Kassidy's house to try it out....
TO BE CONTINUED

Comments

Popular Posts