Thursday Inspiration

Today I feel like being motivational. I'll keep this short and sweet but I want to tell you all about the lesson I have recently learned. It is incredibly important to go with your gut instead of always waiting for opportunities to come to you, or for the timing to be just right or living by the motto, "just let things happen". You might be even more surprised when you decide to act on your ideas and inner most feelings.
For the past 6 months,I found myself feeling uneasy and weary about my future in general. I was living in Arizona, I had graduated college, gone through a rough breakup, lost what felt like my second family along the way, and yes I had a decent job but it seemed like this was the only thing keeping me a float and holding me out there in AZ. All my close friends were moving away, or getting married. Basically, I felt overwhelmed and lost with wanting to do something better and embrace change. Instead of letting all of that swallow me up, (I might have a little bit at first) I chose to do something about it. I gave it a little thought but the key to this was not overthinking it because that is when we usually talk ourselves out of it. I told my parents I wanted to move back to Colorado. Of course, they were delighted and told me they would help me with whatever I needed. I presented this to my boss at work, he was sad but on board. Within the next 2 months, I was transferring to another branch location out in Colorado. I had met an amazing guy through my sister when I had been back home in Colorado visiting for the holidays about a month before I moved out there and he showed me what true support looked like. Whether that meant doing long distance or helping me get moved out there, he encouraged me every single day to do what was going to be best for me. turns out, moving back to Colorado was the best decision. I worked with my same company for another month after moving back but then jumped at the opportunity to accept a new job here in town to help me grow and learn more within the industry. I got my offer letter yesterday. It feels great to determine my own future a little bit here and there :)

Comments

Popular Posts