Walk for a Cause

This weekend, my group of high school friends and I joined "Team Zoey" and walked 3 miles around the lake in order to raise money and awareness for MS. I had really wanted to post the link to this website last week before doing the walk in order to raise more money before hand but I have been so busy with my new job it kind of got away from me. Anyways, Zoey has been an amazing friend of mine since sophomore year of high school (it's been 7 years, WOW) and in 2014 she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. If you don't know much about the disease, it is where damage occurs to the Myelin in ones central nervous system and interferes with the transmission of nerve signals between the brain, spinal cord and other parts of the body as well at times. Basically, the immune system is eating away at the protective covering of the nerves. Unfortunately, I have more than just one friend that suffers from MS. Both of them are some of the strongest people I know and continue to carry on with life as usual. I'm so proud of Zoey for organizing her first walk with all her friends and family and hope we raised some money to support the Nation Society of MS.

For more information, visit http://www.nationalmssociety.org/What-is-MS

To contribute to the cause, you may also do so at the website above.


Comments

Popular Posts