It's The Thought That Counts

This past week, on Octber 30th which fell on a Thursday, was my sweet, grandfathers birthday. I happened to be at school that day and after my morning class, I had a spurt of inspiration. I am not sure where I got this idea but I thought it would be creative to run to the store and get a balloon in his favorite color, get a sharpie and write him a message on it saying: Happy Birthday Grandpa. I miss and love you and still think about you daily. Then I pictured one of my friends taking an "artsy" picture of me holding the ballon right before sending it up to the clouds for him in rememberance and was planning on posting it on here or my Instagram.
          Well, come to find out, I went to walgreens and they were out of purple ballons, so I had to buy a pack of birthday balloons that already said Happy Birthday on them, and of course the only thing I could find for string was a super thick ribbon to hold onto the balloon with. So I bought it, got back to school, wrote on it and went outside with my friend Alex to have her take my picture before launching it off. To my surprise, I had been so excited about the whole thing that I did not even think twice about it having to be a helium balloon :( There was no way that a self blown up balloon would go up to heaven. It also would not float long enough for us to get the picture I wanted. I ran inside and got tape to try and tape the string and balloon to my hand so it looked effortless but this too was a fail. I finally ripped the tape off my hand, threw the balloon down on the ground, and stepped on it with my new stilletto booties making a loud popping noise. After that I ran inside and laid on the couch so I could hide that I was crying. I was so upset that my wonderful idea had no worked out. All I wanted was a way to show my grandpa that I was thinking of him on this special day yet once I really took a moment to think about it, he knew. He was watching my sad attempt this whole time to do this cute idea for him and I couldn't think of anyone else other than him that was playing a trick on me. I could practically hear him laughing. Silly old man. I still miss you.

Comments

  1. I miss him too:( A wonderful man with a great sense of humor! He had the joke on you:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts